Applications for admission are considered in view of the following points:
- Completion of all application documents. All documentation needs to be in English. Any documentation not written in English will require an official translation (original documentation should be attached to the translation)
- Outcomes of additional assessment, if appropriate
- Availability of space in classes and option groups offered
- Level of English/Learning Support needs
- Availability of places for siblings
- Appropriateness of programmes
- Discretion of the Director and the appropriate Principal
Up until PYP5, new students are not required to have prior knowledge of English. New students entering PYP6 - 8 are recommended to have prior skills in English.
Middle School students must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of English. Senior School students must offer evidence of English proficiency, spoken and written. At certain Year Levels, it may be possible to offer a restricted curriculum to students who are undergoing an intensive programme of support outside of ISB in order to enhance their acquisition of English. As the level of competence in English improves, a full curriculum will be offered accordingly.
ISB offers learning support to students with a range of learning profiles (mild, moderate, intensive). When prior evaluations and documentation indicate a learning disability or learning challenge in the school setting, the Admissions Team will review the student’s complete file to determine the appropriate placement, program, and resources needed to meet the student’s individual needs.
In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted on a conditional enrollment and the School may require parental agreement for provision of additional supports and services. Any additional costs incurred are the responsibility of the parents.
Where the School is unable to coordinate the necessary resources to meet a student’s intensive academic, cognitive, physical, emotional and/or behavioral needs, the School will deny admission and provide a reason for the denial of enrollment.
Please note that it is a requirement that your child is toilet-trained to be accepted in PYP1.