Understanding and utilizing computer technology enhances learning opportunities throughout the School.
From their very first year at ISB, students are encouraged to use and enjoy computers. Every student, from PYP1 onwards, has a user profile with access and rights to various folders and software applications. The system or user profile includes, but is not limited to:
- A personal system and email account (PYP6 onwards) that is password protected
- Web browser
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Suite
- Adobe Design Premium CS6
- Access to numerous educational applications that support the teaching curriculum
- Personal drive used to store documents and a student share drive for teachers and students to share/exchange documents and information
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is offered to students in MYP4-DP2. This technology allows students to access the School network from home and within School with their personal laptops, and have access to many School applications and to all required share drives.
There are five computer labs at Reinach campus and one at Fiechten campus. Aesch and Fiechten campuses have laptop trolleys. Wi-Fi has been installed throughout all three campuses to facilitate personal laptop use.
Virtual Learning Environment
Frog is the virtual learning environment (VLE) used by ISB students. Frog is a secure website in which ISB teachers can provide resources, tasks and home learning to their students. Designed primarily to be a teacher-student space, many teachers use Frog to allow for a seamless transition between School and student and to provide a safe, regulated and method for discussion on topics pertinent to School.