An individual student may occasionally benefit from the extra support for learning that can be provided by a private tutor.
Private Academic Tuition
Private tutoring is not a substitution for the learning that takes place within school, but may equip the student with the additional focus in a specific area of study to ensure that all aspects of it are fully understood. A private tutor may also provide the sort of support that enables a student to gain confidence in areas of learning that they have previously regarded as challenging.
Subject to availability, ISB may be able to provide access to private tuition for students requiring some extra support to maximise their achievement in a specific academic subject, or to ensure adequate attainment of skills fundamental to progress in learning.
Private Music Tuition
Musical instrument and theory tuition are offered after school by qualified private music teachers at all campuses.
Instruments and Music Theory offered:
- Music Theory
- Voice - solo voice, group voice
- Woodwinds - flute, recorder, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone
- Brass - trumpet, cornet, trombone
- Strings - violin, viola, cello, Concert harp, Celtic harp, solo guitar, group guitar
- Percussion - drum kit, extended percussion, percussion ensemble